Wednesday, November 23, 2016

From the NHL to MH to TT to KGO Radio

Like many Canadians, I grew up wanting to play in the NHL (National Hockey League). But I realized pretty quickly (at age 10) that wasn’t happening, and eventually I made it my goal of being a Strength & Conditioning Coach in the NHL.

That goal led me to college where I earned a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology. And that led to me writing for Men’s Health and then creating Turbulence Training, and the rest is history.


But even though I've been creating workouts for MH since 2000, and my workouts back then were awesome, my training continues to evolve.


I really like Jason Ferruggia's model of doing more assistance work before main lifts, and I played around with that today in the garage gym.


The session went like this:


1A) Bodyweight Squat

1B) Plank

1C) Ball Leg Curl


2A) Double KB Front Squat - 3x10 with 53lbs KB's

2B) Ab Wheel Rollout


3) DB Split Squat - 3x10 with 60lbs db's


4A) Kettebell Squat (one KB held in both hands at arm's length) - 2x50 reps with 70lbs kb


Followed that up with a dog walk. Great times!

Tomorrow and Friday are off to finish a deload week, and then I deadlift on Saturday AM.

Until then, listen to my latest interview on KGO radio in San Francisco:

http://www.kgoradio.com/2016/11/21/brian-copeland-motivation-monday-with-craig-ballantyne-2/

Today's Kick-Butt Mindset Tip:
“Identify exactly what it is that you want. This takes a lot of thought. Then don’t let anything stand in your way of getting it.” – Kekich Credo #56 …ID your goals. Write them down. Keep them with you. Review them daily. Make a vision board. Look at it weekly. Create your vision. Know you destination. And never stop moving towards it.

Never stop never stopping,

Craig Ballantyne

PS - Spend 3 minutes writing down what you are grateful for today.

This can include your friends, family, or any random good thing that happened. Always be grateful for what you have.‬

No comments: