Saturday, October 29, 2016

Denver Deadlift to Start the Weekend

Alright, first a damaging admission and funny story.


You see, I had a few small deviations in the last week from my personal nutrition transformation plan...


While I did NOT drink any Coke Zero or eat any Quest bars, I did drink a lot of plastic-bottled water unfortunately due to travel. It's just too hard to travel with boxed water (since I don't check bags when I fly... and last week I went from Orlando to Charleston to San Francisco to Colorado Springs to Denver).

I also had a small amount of aspartame in some gum. (I'm trying to avoid all artificial sweeteners.)

But I really needed the gum.

Here's why...

I suffer from really painful ear pressure changes when my flights land... and sometimes chewing gum helps...

While other times absolutely nothing can relieve it...

The pressure in my right ear builds up and up and up as the airplane descend for landing. It's extremely painful...

There's nothing I can do about it. (At least nothing I've figured out...)

Suddenly, at about 3000 feet, my right ear "farts". (Sorry, but that's the best way to describe it! It's like a whoosh of air blown out of my ear. Haha!).

The relief is about as close to ecstasy as you can get with your clothes on. Hahaha!

Seriously.

And that's probably more than you need to know!

But I just wanted to explain why I sometimes cheat on my NO artificial sweeteners rule.


Alright, on to today's workout...


1a) Deadlift

1b) Jump


2a) BB RDL

2b) Overhead Shrug


3a) BB Split Squat


Pretty good times. Not perfect, but good enough.


Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Life is not about money or “stuff.” It’s about people & experiences. Knowing this, make the right decisions for your right life – right now.


And finally...


I just made a list of people I want to meet in 2017.

Sheryl Sandberg, Brendan Burchard, Robin Robbins, Tony Robbins, Hal Elrod, Seth Godin, Neil Strauss, Michael Hyatt, Jeff Goins, Amy Porterfield, Ryan Levesque, Neil Stephenson, Jason Gaigner, David Cancel, Anand Sinwal, Jillian Michaels, Jocko Willink, and Canada’s Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau

You should think about making your own list.

Then find a way to get to those people!

Talk soon,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Cool article...

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/29/sports/phil-heath-mr-olympia-bodybuilder.html

No comments: