Thursday, October 06, 2016

Cool Breakthroughs and Accountability Power

Some big breakthroughs today.

First, a victory.

I avoided using plastic water bottles on my trip home from Phoenix.

And yesterday's flight was the first time I ever gave out a copy of my book to my seatmate.

He was a giant of man (he looked like Newman from Seinfeld, lol), but also very wealthy, having sold two gold mining companies. And he was very chatty, but we actually had a few connections in common and we had plenty to talk about.

By the time I got home to the farm it was 10pm, but I was still up at (almost) my regular time. It was so good to see the old pooch, Bally the Dog, again. Missed that lil sucker.

And then I hit a deadlift workout:

1A) Deadlift
1B) Depth Jumps

2A) Split Squat
2B) Overhead Shrug (trying these out)

Then I had to leave early to get home for a call.

Things are finally slowing down, and now I have a great 7-day stint on the farm, and the Canadian Thanksgiving Weekend weather is going to be awesome... high-60's and sunny.

But it wasn't always sunny days...

Back in 2006 I suffered through crippling anxiety attacks. But I never gave up on overcoming this obstacle.

I used this mindset to persevere: “Success is simple once you accept how hard it is. Only then will you dig deep in the discipline to make the sacrifices required for success.”

Eventually, I had a breakthrough and won the battle. Here’s a great discussion of how I used a powerful "mental model" to overcome the anxiety

=> http://www.becomingasuperhuman.com/craig-ballantyne-the-5-pillars-of-personal-transformation/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Failure isn't bad. Failure isn't final. If there is one thing I know after having observed this crazy world for 41 years, it's that you can SURVIVE almost anything and come back better and stronger than ever before. Don’t let the fear of failure stop you from achieving the success you deserve. Failure only hurts when it means you’ve quit on something important to you. So don’t. Keep at it. The more you move in the right direction towards success, the better you’ll feel. Every day work on making new positive habits second nature automatic. Do your best to make little bets and mini-steps ahead each day.

Stay strong. Never quit. I believe in you. You can do it.

You can change,

Craig

PS - Whew!

I almost blew it again.

I looked for every excuse to have a Monster energy drink with aspartame today... I told myself I was tired, that i deserved a treat, that I wanted to get pumped for my workout...

BUT...

I held out because of YOU.

Thanks for the accountability!!!

No comments: