Thursday, September 17, 2015

Upper body and Mile Walk Prep

Yesterday was a short deload upper body workout. This is an off-week from heavy training. On Friday I return to the barbell for squats.

The Garage Gym Deload Upper Workout

1A) Pause Pushup - 5x15
1B) TRX Row - 5x12

2A) KB Farmer Walk
2B) Ab Wheel
2C) Slam Ball Slam

On Saturday, J-Roc and I do the mile-walk test (details below), and on Sunday I bench. Then I'll take a couple of days off. I like training on weekends when the gym is less busy.

The KB Mile Walk Challenge

The true challenge, issued by Bobby Maximus of Gym Jones, is walking a mile with a 70lb kb in each hand. You can set them down, of course.

Our version of the challenge is a 1-mile walk with 53 lb KB's in each hand. We will likely do the challenge like this:

1) Walk 90 seconds with KB
2) Other guy walks 90 seconds with KB
3) Repeat until 1 mile is covered.

It will probably take 45 minutes this way.

And in more training news, ol' Bally sent this out yesterday...

Woof, woof, ol' Bally the Exercise Dog here, and the other day me and my "old man," CB, were walking past a bootcamp in the park. We stood and watched for a few seconds because I had a fire hydrant to sniff.
09 16 tt craigandbally
Here I am taking ol' CB through some exercises Boy, oh, boy, were those folks making BIG mistakes in their workout. First of all, I pee all over that lawn. They should never exercise on that grass. LOL. Read the workout mistakes here:


=> http://www.earlytorise.com/3-exercises-never-to-do-bally-edition/


Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"You didn't wake up today to be mediocre. So never settle for something that is just 'good enough'. You were put here to challenge yourself and see how far you can push your limits. Never stop moving forward and never stop giving it your all." – Bobby Maximus

Onward,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: