Monday, August 24, 2015

Deadlifting Device-Free

Sunday was a fun-day. It involved deadlifts, a trip to the health store, a walk through the local market, and lots of reading. It was also a Device-FREE day, meaning NO electronics. No email. No phone. No laptop.

Workout:

1A) Hang Clean
1B) mobility

2A) Trap Bar Deadlift
2B) mobility

3A) Military Press
3B) Full Squat
3C) Snatch Grip DL

Upper back is celebrating muscle soreness today!

Diet Update and Transformation Challenge:
Sunday - Not CASS-Free. I had a good dose of caffeine pre-deadlift.

CASS-Free today. No training. Just a big long dog walk to start the day. I tried to sleep through part of it...it's no big deal, there weren't a lot of cars on the road that early, so it was still 'semi-safe', LOL.

Tomorrow...not sure.

Wednesday - will be squatting...so it will be caffeine heavy.

And...I've discovered another major mini-challenge to add to my 24th TT contest entry.

I'm quitting bottled water. This is easy as I sit here on the farm. It won't be so easy when I travel. I have many flights scheduled...to Nashville, Denver, Austin, Vegas, California, and perhaps Mexico...possibly even Asia.

But if the Boy Scouts have taught us anything, aside from helping little old ladies across the street, is that you must always be prepared.

And so I'll get a couple of clean canteen bottles, carry them with me at all times, fill up with water from Airport fountains (unless I can find glass water bottles in an airport - highly unlikely), and survive my flights in that fashion. I may even resort to drinking tomato juice, or heaven forbid, apple juice, on a plane if I find myself in a pinch. Either of those will fit my goal better than drinking from plastic bottles.

At hotels, I'll keep the clean canteens filled in the mini-bar fridges, or submerged in the ice bucket.

My goal is ZERO plastic bottle use in the next 3 months...if I can pull that off, I'll be impressed.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Measure PROGRESS, not perfection. Celebrate your journey as you improve from point A to point B. Make each day better than your last.

Here are the basics of weight loss that work: Keep a food journal. Eat more protein, fiber, fruits, vegetables, and raw nuts. Drink more water and Green Tea. A little coffee is fine. Do short burst workouts 3-4 times per week. Stay active with fun activities for an hour every other day. Sleep 7 to 8 hours. Plan your diet and your days. Hang around positive people for social support. Be accountable. Give yourself an incentive for success. And a deadline. Then hit it. You can do it. I believe in you.

Your time is NOW,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Wakey wakey!

Get up early and start the day perfectly…physically and mentally. Start with 10-minutes of my workouts. Then eat and drink the right foods. Build your to-do list and make a NOT-to-do list so that you can focus on your #1 priority. Carve out a few minutes to meditate, pray, or give gratitude. And set your family up to be on track for a great day. High-achievers like you get stuff done first thing in the morning…while frustrated folks just make excuses. And as you know, you can either make excuses or you can get results, but you can't do both…so choose wisely!

No comments: