Thursday, July 30, 2015

QnA and Meathead Answers

Today was going to be a garage gym workout, but the internet went down so I biked downtown to Balzac's coffee shop to write and connect with the ETR Team in Denver. After getting ahead on my day, I went over to the Y for a classic Meathead workout.

1A) Bench Press
1B) Face Pull

2A) Pullup
2B) DB Incline Press

3A) Dips
3B) More pullups

Now I'll get 48 hours rest till my final Deadlift workout before flying to Zurich and catching a connection to Russia on Saturday/Sunday morning. My arms will be very, very tired from all that flying.

Also did a great Facebook QnA session down at the cafe...

Q: i love beer... is it that bad !? i stopped 6 months .. lost weight ... started back again .. gained weight ...

Answer:

Beer does not help you lose weight...but I used to drink a lot of beer (12-20 per week) and had 9% body fat. Beer is just beer. 150 calories per bottle, in most cases.

Q: I'm in the third week of your 12 week Home Workout Program. Would it be ok to do extra ab work on my off days? If yes, which of your videos or exercises do you recommend? And, I love the new iPad app!

Answer:

That would be absolutely pointless! No need. I'm sure you have better things to do. Spend that time working on your nutrition or chasing around kiddos. Thanks!

Q: I was a weekend distance runner, I no longer run due to knee issues. What are five exercise that I can do to 'commit' myself to?

Answer:

Check out the free workout videos on my app here
=>
www.Earlytorise.com/apps


Q:
There is so much controversy about carbs is it good to cut them out completely? Also what should be the ratio of cardio and weights to lose and tone?

Answer:

You don't need to cut carbohydrates from your diet. Just avoid sugar and only eat real food. Very simple. That's why the paleo approach works so well. It's real food. You can cut cardio. Waste of time. Do this instead => www.6MinutesToSkinny.com

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

Set aside excuses. Raise yourself up. You can do it. After all, someone just like you, starting from worse circumstances, already has.

Put the past behind and get to work on the future right here in the present,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: