Monday, February 16, 2015

Put Your Problems in Perspective

My problems (which are small and few) were put into that correct perspective today. One of my good friends from college called me early this morning. He is very depressed, anxious, suicidal...he's getting professional help but he is very stressed with his job, his new baby, his unwell young son, and his past addictions, and he's off on work leave...

I've written about him before here (he was up then, he's back down now)

=> http://www.earlytorise.com/how-to-change-your-life-2/

It's a reminder to
- Reach out
- Be vulnerable
- Ask for help
- Stay strong
- Get Support
- Focus on the positive
- Never stop looking for answers

And to be grateful...I know I am for the life I lead, even though things are more stressful than usual this week due to travel, some business issues, and some other friends that are behaving poorly.

Time to follow my own advice.

Streaking Update

1) Write 3000 words per day

Writing has been good, but it's not been on the projects that I want it to be...I've had important emergencies come up. Work communication got sloppy, we lost our focus. Now it's time to get back on track, although this means stepping back and falling behind on pet projects.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

I've been doing great, and the last three nights I've slept much better.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

Right on track.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

Hard to be snarky when conversations are this serious. For a holiday Monday, it's already been a wild ride. Not sure how I would have handled this a year ago...I know everyone is better off because of this streak.

5) Healthy Gut Days

This is a bright spot. It's great to have your health. I know what it's like to be anxious and to have bad gut health. One leads to another for me. That's why I meditate, eat healthy, exercise, and write personal info like this to share with you!

Stay vulnerable and accept help,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: