Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Failed

I'm not going to make it. I just won't get all of my pullups and chinups done. This was a result of poor planning. I dropped the ball on the 1st of the 5 pillars of Transformation. They are:

1) Better Planning & Preparation => Silly mistake to miss this one!
2) Accountability => Did this, had you!
3) Social Support => Did this, had you - thanks!
4) Incentive => To better myself...and I did...learned a lot
5) Deadline => Tomorrow.

I'm a few hundred short. I did my best, pushed my limits, and came as close as I could without injuring myself. I'll do another 100-150 tomorrow on my final day of the 33,333 challenge.

Over the past week I did lots of bodyweight workouts and my regular lifting too, accumulating:

1500 squats
1000 pushups, at least
316 chinups


And today, I added another 100 pullups during this workout:

1A) Barbell Squats
1B) Pullups
1C) Box Jumps
1D) Pushups
1E) Pullups

2A) Pullups
2B) Leg Curls
2C) Pullups

After a few days rest I will test my max reps for bodyweight squats (in 4 minutes), pushups, pullups, chinups, and handstand pushups. I've been most impressed by my progress with pushups (and subsequently, my bench press), but I was disappointed by my inability to get above 5 reps per best set in the handstand pushup. We'll see if I just need a couple of days rest.

I'll do the testing on Saturday AM.

Until then...an important RESEARCH UPDATE: Interesting NY Times article on why people get fatter with cardio
- http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/11/12/exercising-but-gaining-weight


And...

A great reminder for why you shouldn't get hung up on your scale weight. Please share. Stay strong!
Photo: Great reminder for why you shouldn't get hung up on your scale weight. Please share. Stay strong!

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Success seems to be connected to action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit." – Conrad Hilton

"Set lofty goals. Proclaim them to the world. And take massive action on achieving the goals you set out to achieve. It's as simple as that. And even if you don't reach 100% of your goals, you've still failed forward and your life and business are in a better place because of it." – Bedros Keuilian

Do not let peer pressure interfere with your path to success. Do not let random, unimportant people stop you from achieving your big goals and dreams. You must know who and what really matters.

Push on,


Craig Ballantyne, CTT

***
12 week cumulative total:

15,000 Bodyweight Squats
  • 15,000+ => Crushed.
10,000 Pushups - DONE 
  • 10,000+ => Easy.
3,000 Bodyweight Rows - DONE
  • 3000+ <= Set the bar too low.
2,000 Pullups
  • 1262 => Poor planning.
1,500 Burpees - DONE
  • 1500+ <= Accomplished ... fun ... learned a lot.
1,500 Chinups
  • 1206 => Failed by a faulty pillar.
333 Handstand Pushups - DONE
  • 333 Goal <= Accomplished
= 31,968/33,333 reps

No comments: