Saturday, August 30, 2014

Caffeinated Deadlifting

Uh-oh, I've had too much caffeine and it appears to be reaching peak blood concentration levels. LOL. My mind is racing. Ideas are sprinting into my mind from all over the place. I can barely keep up to write them all down.

Whew. I started this blog post 3.5 hours ago and now I'm finally slowing down to finish it. Ha.

I don't react well to caffeine (I get anxious and forget to breathe deeply and my mind races), but that's the price I am willing to pay for a great deadlift workout early on a Saturday morning. Training early allows me to spend the rest of the day on other great activities.

On the bright side, the caffeine boosted my creativity and I wrote a powerfully inspirational paragraph for TT readers and CTT's. It's below. The caffeine also helped me crush 810 bodyweight reps for the 33,333 journey.

Here's how it all went down:

1A) Bench
1B) Trap Bar Deadlift warm-up sets

2A) Trap Bar Deadlift
2B) Military Press

3A) Chin-ups
3B) Leg Curls

Total bodyweight reps recorded (some in warm-up, but most in circuit at the end of the workout):

500 squats
200 pushups
50 Chin-Ups
60 burpees

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
"Patton was dyslexic. Eisenhower was dirt poor. Churchill had horrendous depression problems, and drinking was a factor. FDR was crippled. An awful lot of people in World War II focused on what they were able to do. It's about rising to the challenge, and about what you can do, not what you can't. It's important to emphasize that." – Ken Rendell, owner of the Museum of World War II, Natick, Massachusetts

BTW, here's something I said to CTT Shawn Stephens that explains why I do things that borderline insane.

***
I love the attitude!

And yes, your people really are your sheep, and you are a shepherd that tends the flock with great love and care.

This is why we must live not only by example, but by EXTREME example...our extreme living inspires people to make small changes...and then they gain momentum through these small steps and little bets...each win gives them confidence that they can do more, achieve more, and become more...soon they are on their way to becoming the person they need to become in order to achieve the great goals and dreams they desire to achieve. This is the power and responsibility that comes with being an EXTREME leader through doing the right things and living well.

This is the responsibility you have as their shepherd.

Protect, grow, and inspire your flock.

You can do it!

Let this mindset help you with your sales message and your closing skills.

If you fail to get them as a client, you are hurting them because they will not change and they will remain sad, depressed and frustrated.

You MUST sell them.

You must get them to CHANGE.

And that can only happen when you are a confident leader.

Push on - to the EXTREMES!

***

And more of what we do here:
https://www.facebook.com/TurbulenceTrainingFanpage/posts/10152674172904679

*****
Alright, another AMAZING visit to the TT Forum. Wish I could do this all day...Tomorrow it is off to Denver to work & plan in the The New Early to Rise offices. After Denver it's down to Austin for a BioTrust weekend, and then up to Las Vegas for 7 days. I am so stoked for this trip.

I have a lot more more great motivation coming your way...can't reveal everything yet...but soon! Until then, please watch this and create the VISION for your life

- www.AnewAmericanDream.com

Create and push,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: