Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cleveland and Metabolic Treasure

For some reason I've been fascinated by NBA free agency. Great suspense. I've paid more attention to it than the world cup (stopped watching 3 weeks ago) and I really love soccer (futbol).

Perhaps it was because I was in Cleveland the other weekend...and that I have a friend from Cleveland who absolutely loves his city more than anyone I have ever met loves their hometown. It's intense.

So Cheers to Cleveland. Good luck on getting your first Championship (in ANY sport) in 50 years.

Next up, someone needs to fix the Cubs. ha!

Today's Mini-Workout:

10-Minute Metabolism Booster
 
1) Cross-Body Mountain Climbers (or Plank) - 30 seconds
2) Total Body Extensions - 2 x 20 seconds + 10 seconds rest
3) Pushups (or hold Push-up Plank) - 50 seconds + 10 seconds rest
4) Prisoner Squat Jumps or Prisoner Squats - 20 seconds + 10 seconds rest
5) Bear Crawl or Mountain Climbers - 30 seconds
6) Prisoner Reverse Lunges (alternating) - 60 seconds
- Rest 30 seconds and repeat 1 more time
 
Following the circuit I did a WEIRD interval. 
 
I blame ol' Bally the Dog (even though it was my fault).
 
Before doing the 10-Minute Metabolism Booster, Bally and I went for his normal walk. That also meant he went for his normal poop. But I did not bring a bag! We had no choice but to leave a little "treasure" on the ground...
 
...until after the workout when I sprinted around the block, picked up the "Bally Treasure", and then sprinted down the street with it (waving at all the neighbors out walking their dogs - ha!), dropped off the treasure in the garbage, and sprinted home. Time = 8 minutes. I was whooped. 
 
Please don't call the poop police on me! I swear I picked it up - eventually.
 
After the interval I added in a leisurely bike ride around the Avon River in my hometown of Stratford, Ontario, and spent the rest of a beautiful summer Saturday reading, visiting with neighbors, and grilling delicious steak. 
 
Hope you hadve a great weekend. I know your week will be fantastic because it will be boosted by that workout.

Enjoy that metabolic treasure ;) 

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
One of my favorite harsh reality "cold bucket of water to the face" quotes: "The failure to act is much more often the product of inner, emotional resistance than external resistance. But to move forward you must give up your story, whether it is excuses about your childhood, lack of education, your 'bad luck', your unsupportive family, your low metabolism, where you live, etc, etc. Either say, "no" to achievement OR dig in and get to the bottom of the persistent incongruence between what you say and what you do. It is OK to admit you are not willing to pay the price – and by doing so, that will stop self-sabotage." – Dan Kennedy

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Today's office.
Today's office. What's your plan & your view today?







No comments: