Friday, December 13, 2013

Florida-Garage Line Workouts

I know, I know. What a stupid blog post title. But it just popped into my head.

Plus, I've been doing garage workouts down in Florida for the past 3 days.

What a great time so far in Tampa.

The first day I arrived - on time, too! - around 3pm. I then put Joel through a metabolic workout. Here's the circuit he did four times:

1A) PB (Powerblock) Row - 15 reps per side
1B) Pushups on Handles - Max Reps
1C) Kettlebell Swings - 20 reps
1D) KB Goblet Squats - 20 reps (this always sucks after Swings!)
1E) Mountain Climbers - 15 reps per side

Followed by another circuit he did 3 times:

2A) PB Incline Press - 10 reps
2B) PB Reverse Lunge - 8 reps per side
2C) KB Rack walk in - and - out the driveway
2D) PB Rear Delt Raise - 12 reps

Then he was done. And I mean done. I whooped him.

Powerblocks are great. Joel has the set that goes to 125 lbs. And I just bought myself the same set yesterday. Should arrive before Christmas. That will cut my gym visits down to just one per week, which is both good and bad. I might have fewer weird gym shenanigans to write about in future newsletters! Then again, I'll be traveling a lot in 2014 and visiting gyms all over the world...so there should be a few good stories.

Or I can just read the garbage in the papers, like this...

According to The Daily Mail, "Women will need to run for 5 hours 2 minutes to burn off the food they eat on Christmas Day, while men face jogging for 4 hours 25 minutes", a study found.

"Women will consume 3,514 calories on December 25 and men a waist-expanding 3,640 calories - up to 76 per cent more than the recommended daily allowance."

Yikes.

Sadly, someone, somewhere is going to take that literally and think that they can "out-cardio a bad diet".

Cardio fails for fat loss. Skip the cardio and go straight to a better body with these short burst workouts from Shawna K, CTT:
- http://send.turbulencetraining.com/Challenge


Ok, time to go hit a KB-Powerblock-Bodyweight workout in Joel's garage. He was up working until 8:27am - LOL - so he won't be joining me.

This workout is similar to the one I did last Saturday morning in Denver, but it will be easier because I won't be sucking Mile High wind. It really makes a difference. (Some days, but not everyday.)

After the workout I'll go for a short walk in the Florida sunshine. Christmas party at Dan Long's tonight. Powerhouse Gym visit this weekend. Good times! Have a great weekend.


Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Add one new positive habit each day this week. Remove one negative habit. Baby steps, little bets, over time, add up to big success stories.

"You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win." - Zig Ziglar

Stay Strong to Win,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: