Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lots of work to do today

All work and little play today, as I have only 9 hours left until I have to be at the airport. Heading to Copenhagen tonight and then to Vilnius, Lithuania tomorrow afternoon.

It's my annual trip to Lithuania where I help my friend Simon Black at his www.BlackSmithCamp.com. Should be another amazing year. There are students from over 45 different countries.

After the camp, Simon and I (and some other random adventurers that he's invited, I'm sure) will travel to Bergen, Norway. There we'll be off to hike in the fjords.

But I have a lot of work to get done today. Been up writing for hours already.

One topic I've been working on is a new workout experiment called the "TT Thermogenic Workout". Look for that in September.

In the meantime, do you prefer sets lasting 30 seconds, 40 seconds, or shorter or longer when doing burpees, sprints, etc?

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Don't be afraid to ask for help. People want to help you. There are good, positive people out there, online, at work, in the gym, and even on the streets. All is not lost in the world.

But you must be conscious about associating with the right people. Make sure to put yourself in the right environments to build the right relationships.

Don't be upset by things you can't control. And remember rule #12 from my list (and adapt it for your own use), "The opinions of others do not matter. What matters is the number of people that I can help by sharing advice and encouragement in my writing."

If you haven't read my rules, you must. Here's why:

Write down your personal beliefs and allow those to make all decisions. If a request does not fit your belief system, it is ruled out. You don't have to think about it. Develop power of clarity. State out your main objective. If anything gets in the way of that objective, do not participate in it.

Here are the rules I live by
- http://www.earlytorise.com/12-rules/

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Have that uncomfortable conversation today. Do it now before the problem gets worse.

No comments: