Saturday, June 09, 2012

Tough Mudder Time

Everything ends at some point. Persevere through the hard times and enjoy the good times - a little more than you might be doing right now.

That was the plan today during the tough mudder...and I finished the 12-mile course in 2 hours and 50 minutes. It started off real tough with a climb up one of the ski slopes at Beaver Creek. On the final half there was a lot of downhill running. In between, plenty of ridiculous things. I really enjoyed the Gauntlet, which involved climbing giant cliffs of snow. Reminded me of many walks with ol' Bally the Dog.

Note: Bally the dog did not participate. He says he has nothing to prove.

Overall opinion of the Tough Mudder:

Fun, but I'm not sure I'll do it again. I was inches away from serious injury a couple of times...not sure if the risk is worth the reward.

Best memory: Running up the quarter pipe and making it first time.

Funniest moment: I almost got out of the Arctic ice bath without my shorts.

NOTE: If I ever do it again, I need to wear shorts with a drawstring. Oooops.

Full report on the race next week.

There were some people that were definitely biting off more than they could chew with this race.

Oh well, better than not doing anything, as this quote supports:

"If you lose a couple of inches off your stomach, your business down there will look an inch longer." - Jack LaLanne

Here's help if you need it:

If you are new to Turbulence Training, check out this sample workout here
- http://www.turbulencetraining.com/freeworkout/index.shtml

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"If you want to change somebody, don't preach to him. Set an example and shut up." – Jack LaLanne

"There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go."~Richard Bach

How to make your dreams come true (5 tips from my good friend and traveling inspiration, Ryan Murdock)
- http://www.earlytorise.com/make-your-dreams-come-true/

More of my politically incorrect time management strategies
- http://internetindependence.com/time-management-secrets-for-success

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Tough Mudder Finisher
Certified Turbulence Trainer

1 comment:

Phil Tucker said...

Congrats on the Tough Mudder finish. My brother loves that race, if only because it breaks up the monotony of the regular triathlons he does.