Thursday, June 21, 2012

San Diego and Success

Here's why I love being in San Diego. First, it's San Diego. Awesome city. At the top of my list if I ever moved to the good ol' USA.

Second, it's got a great gym, Fit Athletic, that I'll be going to on Friday.

Third, it's easy to get up early when you go from the East Coast to the West Coast.

That meant I was up so early here in my hotel in San Diego that I'm sure some other guests hadn't even gone to bed yet.

And at 4am I was down in the hotel gym (decent, lots of open space) for my own bodyweight cardio workout.

Did a sample circuit from the TT Bootcamp session I'll be teaching at the TT Summit on Saturday morning. More details on that next week. But for now, you can do bodyweight cardio at home with this:

- http://www.turbulencetraining.com/bwc/

Today's www.SuccessQnA.com

Q: Craig, can you recommend resources for mastering financial management. I have great intentions with handling money, but tend to fall short of them. Goal, I have. It's the day to day money management that stymies me. Thanks!

Answer:
I recommend reading Susan Fujii's blog and free report from www.kungfufinance.com. She's great at making complex stuff into easy to understand information. Also, approach your finances like you would Time Management. Instead of identifying where your time goes each day, identify where your money goes. Then identify two solutions to every financial obstacle. I don't need to tell you that you must not spend more than you earn, but it's worth mentioning. Also, read Mark Ford's great article here on the Golden Buckets of Savings - http://www.earlytorise.com/the-golden-bucket-of-savings/

Q: How do you handle organization? I'm like Pig Pen, instead of dirt it's clutter. As soon as I get my desk organized it's back to the way it was only days later. I've yet to find a system that works for me.

Answer:
I'm not sure what specific area you need help with, but I organize my day with a priority list. All of that is covered in my Time Management book (you can get from Amazon for 99 cents). For my desk/home, I am the opposite of a hoarder. I'm an 'expender' (not a real word, but there are no accurate antonyms). I don't keep stuff I don't need. The things I do keep on my desk are arranged in organized piles. There's just no need to have a lot of stuff (on your desk, in life, on shelves, etc.) Purge it. That will help. Hopefully I answered your organization question. I don't teach this, so I don't have a formal answer to share.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
There is no one thing that makes you "successful". For some, it might be raising a healthy, happy, tight family. For others, it might helping dozens, hundreds, thousands, or millions of customers. I suppose if there is one common thread among all areas of success, it's the "Adding of Value". If you are adding more value to the world than you are consuming, then you are well on your way to success. Stay strong. Create value. Help others. So simple, so successful.

"There are things that happen in life that we can't control. But we can control the way we respond to them." – Mark Ford

Make sure you get one MAJOR project done before checking email each day. This is the 'fight of your life' in terms of productivity. WIN it.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: