Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Massive Success QnA session

No workout for me today, just stretches, a long dog walk, and a visit to my chiropractor for Active Release Treatment. I don't have any major injuries, but benefit from regular treatment in response to the training I do. With just three weeks until the Tough Mudder run, I'm taking a conservative approach to training so that I'll be 100% on June 9th.

I also watched "The Princess Bride" last night during a recovery session. It was great for motivation and strategy. I finally figured out how to use a wheelbarrow in my TM race. j/k

Today's www.SuccessQnA.com highlights:

Q:
If you could only have 3 types of revenue streams for the rest of your life, what would they be?

Answer:
Sean - I once wrote an article about how I stick to my circle of competence. I'll link to that in a second. It's important for everyone to understand and it will help you avoid the "grass is greener" mindset that brings so many people into poor financial decisions. The point is, no matter what I choose to do, it might not be right for anyone else reading this. Your revenue streams will be largest - revenue RIVERS, not just piddly little streams - when you focus on creating value through your Circle of Competence. For me, it's publishing. I love it, I study it, I'm immersed in it. Some is as close to passive income as you can get, while others is hard-core manual labor. But I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's the article - http://internetindependence.com/my-money (and yes, I realize I didn't exactly answer your question...you got something better instead).

Q: If (for some strange reason) you could only work on one more thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Answer:
I would write. That's what I do now anyway. So perhaps that strange reason already happened. Whoa!

Q: Yesterdays early to rise rocked. The main focus of my new venture is to have the absolute best customer service possible. Love that double back guarantee. I might borrow it! My question is - in the digital age of social media, how is it that there are so many companies with absolutely horrendous customer service? It makes me sick.

Answer:
Thank you, appreciate the feedback. You bring up an excellent point...I think some companies are still in the dark ages, and some still benefit from virtual monopolies...but as we are seeing more and more often, big behemoths are practically disappearing from relevancy within years - or even months. For example, look at Blackberry/RIM. We'll see more and more of this as the world becomes more social/transparent/insert other buzzword here. I applaud you for your commitment to customer service, and wish you well.

Q: I have several projects going and I find it tough to manage everything at times. Any tips for managing multiple business projects at once so that you reach your goals?

Answer:
Prioritize, and cut. I've read many articles on Apple's success, and many of them point to what they did NOT do. That means you say NO more than yes. You cut low priorities and focus only on the BIG levers that can move you ahead. It's like pruning a rose bush...you focus on keeping the big blooms and lose everything else...and that's how a garden makes a big impact. Not with a bunch of small, inconsequential flowers.

Q: Time managment is the easy part. Just get up 5 AM each morning and get to work. Outsource whatever you can throughout the day, and you're on your way to success. The real problem is doing stuff that work in todays market. Blogging? Listbuilding? Product creation? Affiliate? Local Biz? What would you do if you started out today?

Answer:
The BIG idea is the biggest thing. You must first have a big idea to communicate to the world...one that differentiates yourself from all others. Once you know it, you need what Michael Masterson calls your "Optimal Selling Strategy". That is, the most profitable way for you to sell your product. Next, identify your optimal mode of communication. I'm actually working on a two-part article for Financial Independence Monthly on this topic. Part 1 will be in next week's June issue. If you're not a member, you can join here: www.MakeMoreMoneyOnline.com

Q: What are your top three books that you would recommend reading this year? (Business, Self-Improvement, Inspirational)

Answer:
I would recommend everyone read Viktor Frankl's classic, "Man's Search for Meaning", and Verne Harnish's blueprint, "Secrets of the Rockefeller Habits". And then I'll give you a choice between Michael Masterson's new book, "The Reluctant Entrepreneur" or Dan Kennedy's "No BS Time Management". More book ideas here - http://www.earlytorise.com/mentor/

Q: Being workaholic to success, is it bad?... How to give time to myself, if my mind is fully occupied to work?

Answer:
Angelique - Good question. The best thing to do is find activities and people that take your mind off work. I still remember the first time I went surfing, and 2 hours later when I was done and thoroughly exhausted, I thought to myself...Holy Cow! I just went two hours and didn't think about work once. It was an incredible feeling...and frankly, one that MOST people will never understand, because they spend all of their time NEVER thinking about work...but if you can find an activity like this, even once a week, it will do wonders for you. Wishing you luck, Craig.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
"To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done."

The problem with Problems is they get bigger and worse than right now, leading to bigger headaches than if you'd tackled it now. Attack that problem head on. Solve that problem today.

Motivation comes from within. You must find a reason to achieve. What is important to you? Identify it, and harness that energy to drive you to take action. You're here for a reason, don't let your potential slip away.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: