Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Fitness and Inspiration QnA Day

Excellent QnA sessions on my Facebook pages today.

Here are some of the best fitness and inspiration topics we discussed:

Q: Is it true crunches don't burn belly fat?

Answer:
According to men's health magazine it takes 22,000 crunches to burn a pound of belly fat. They are a waste of your time.

Instead, use Metabolic resistance training and interval training.

- www.TurbulenceTraining.com/metabolicresistancetraining

Q: Whats your opinion on consuming fats and carbs in the same meal? Do you agree the insulin spike can cause immediate fat storage?

Answer:
I don't think it is a problem. Just don't eat crap. You don't have to drive yourself crazy isolating nutrients at a meal.

Q: Best hand position to work lats when doing inverted rows? and i guess elbow position as well?

Answer:
Using straps with hands in neutral position. Or underhand grip using a bar.

Q: Questions about close grip bench press: how close should my hand be to each other, and is there typically a weight difference between it and a regular bench press?

Answer:
You'll be 25% weaker or more. Shoulder width.

Q: Just curious about your time management and workflow for your blog posts and newsletters? When do you write them? who edits? how far in advance are they written?

Answer:
I do most of my writing first thing in the morning. There's not a lot of editing that goes into my work...not that it couldn't be made a little better by having an editor, but we just don't have that in place yet. Some stuff is written two weeks in advance, others 30 minutes.

Q: What makes you excited when you are almost down?

Answer:
The future. Also, my network. I always think about how it would disappoint people in my network if I quit. I include my readers in there. A lot of readers look to ETR and my fitness business for good advice, I can't let them down. It doesn't matter if you have 10 readers or 10,000, I think that is a good perspective.

Q: What would you have done differently if you were to start life again and you are 20?

Answer:
I'd have searched out more mentors earlier in life...rather than just relying on books. I'd have drank less alcohol. I'd have gotten bigger and stronger when it was easier. BUT...having said all that, there aren't a lot of big things I'd change. I chose the right schooling and the right path (though less popular)...and that, as they say, has made all the difference.

Q: What is the the most inspiring action drivin, and success focused book that is an absolute must read?? (in your opinion?)

Answer:
You probably won't like my answer because what inspires me is unlikely to inspire you. For me, it's "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktor Frankl. I'm also finishing a book called, "And All Hell Let Loose" that has had a similar impact.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
"Something I learned early is to not worry about what I can't control...But what I can control is my attitude, my effort, and my focus every single day." - Tim Tebow

Create the desire within yourself to make you TAKE ACTION to satisfy your needs and wants. Motivation and inspiration can truly only come from within.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer



No comments: