Wednesday, July 27, 2011

In Home Warmup and Deadlift Workout

Great deadlift workout this morning. I started my warm-up in my apartment with the tunes blaring
and using the lil travel roller (foam roller substitute) that I ordered from Fitter First. It's really cool,
and I might take it on my trip to Austin tomorrow. I usually travel with an acuball but I left that out on
the farm.

After about 15 minutes of rolling and bodyweight exercises, I did a short commute to the gym on my
bike and got into glute-ham raises and box jumps. Those were done for just a couple reps each to
continue my warm-up, and then I started specific deadlift set warm-ups.

As you can see, my warm-up is long. I've usually been going at it for 20-25 minutes before I do my
first real set of deadlifts, but I use such a long warm-up (my old man warm-up - posted on the blog
at www.TTFatLoss.com) because I go quite heavy and push the limits in my workouts.

You don't need such a long warm-up for metabolic resistance training TT workouts. You only need
10 minutes or so of rolling, a total body circuit warm-up and specific warm-up sets for your main
exercises.

Tomorrow I'll workout at the Gold's Gym in Austin, Texas. I've trained there before and it's good
enough, and I always try to hit Gold's when I travel. And since I've done so many workouts on the
road, I'm going to write up a list of the top 10 gyms I've visited and workouts I've had around the
world. Look for that tomorrow.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip
One of my favorite quotes is, "To get what you've never had, you have to do something you've never
done." What's your favourite quote? Share it on FB here:

http://www.Facebook.com/CraigBallantyneFanpage

Today's Tip from www.EarlytoRise.com
According to Top Grade author, Brad Smart, "A-player executives read an average of 24 books per
year." I was surprised by this. Most A players that I know read closer to 50 books per year. Maybe I
only know AAA players.

Today's Independence Tip
‎"A creator, such as an artist, musician, photographer, craftsperson, performer, animator, designer,
video maker, or author - in other words, anyone producing works of art - needs to acquire only
1,000 True Fans to make a living." – Kevin Kelly

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS, CTT
www.TurbulenceTrainingCertification.com

No comments: