Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Deload Week Continues

Spent last night out in the backyard, sitting around in perfect weather, dog at my feet, and reading Jim Wendler's "5-3-1 for Powerlifting" book.

Jim's book is not only an awesome training manual, but a fun read. Get's you pumped up to get strong. It's worth reading alone for his "North of Vag" article on how to train to avoid feminization. It's a book for real men lifting. Check it out.

That said, some guys take training to the point of being too hard-core. There's hard training and stupid training.

And that's why I believe we're going to see the "Death of Hardcore, Homemade Circuit Training" in the next couple of years. My thoughts here:

=> Death of Circuit Training?  

BTW, Jim's book isn't the only awesome book I'm reading. I'm also halfway through an excellent book of short essays on what's really important in life. It's called "Beyond Wealth", by Alexander Green.

In one chapter, Green refers to this quote that I really liked:

"Ask yourself these 3 questions every night: What have I done? Where have I failed myself? What responsibility have I not fulfilled?" - Pythagoras

And finally, today's Independence Tip:
"Trust is something to be built up, protected, valued, cherished, and carefully preserved. It is the one thing that changes everything." Alexander Green, in 'Beyond Wealth'....when you make a promise, OVER-deliver. A very simple rule for success.

Be good,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: