Thursday, September 02, 2010

You are not washed up at 27

Another day, another email from some guy who is 27 years old and thinks he is too old to lose fat.

Listen, you are definitely not too old to transform your body if you are 27.

Seriously, I get emails all the time from guys who think they are "too old to lose fat at 27". Can you believe that?

What would YOU say to these guys?

One thing I'd tell them is that they need to plan and prepare.

After all, "Failing to plan is planning to fail".

Cliche, but true. If you want to change, or if you want to succeed in the TT Transformation Contest, you need to take an hour today or this weekend planning out the rest of 2010. Identify the obstacles in your way and come up with at least 2 solutions for each of them. Plan your meals & workouts. Recruit your social support. And identify the real reason causing you to change.

Here's the new workout I planned for myself today:

1) Hang cleans

2) Trap bar deadlifts

3A) Pistol squats
3B) Glute ham raise

4A) BB shrugs
4B) Planks

Good times.

Today's blender drink:

1 banana, frozen straweberries, 1.5 peaches, spinach (you can't taste it), 2 cups almond milk, Garden of Life raw protein powder, cacao nibs, and walnuts.

Bally's current snack of the day: "Thinkers". Wild salmon with added gingko biloba. Seriously.

Triple seriously yours,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Win one of three free copies...

...of the TT for Abs DVDs here:

=> http://www.ttfatloss.com/abdominal-exercises/win/

.... post your entry on that site, not here. Contest ends Friday night. Winners announced next week.

You rock! 

5 comments:

Jon L. said...

What age is too old? 35? 40?

Shaun said...

I tried to respond to that tweet this morning and my iPhone app was not cooperating. I would say to that person that I, still 27 in December, was not even obese (5'10" 200lbs) and I managed to cut 26lbs in just over 3.5 months, right before my 28th birthday. I'm of course still a work in progress, trying to build muscle now, but the proof is in the photos.
December '09:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2009/12/10/467873/progresspic/1ZKceur0SZgu87r84t4MX57IEDh7065.jpeg
March '10:
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/img/user_images/growable/2010/03/31/467873/progresspic/16t2DjmTDbqdzVEgNDtGsxtVqviR706.jpeg

Jason said...

what a joke! I'm 28 and can run faster, lift heavier, and jump higher than I could when I was 18. Should athletes stop competing when they are 27? What a pitiful excuse. Sorry, that just really fired me up.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

I hear ya Jason, crazy excuse!

Laura said...

This made me laugh. Only a 27-year-old would be young and inexperienced enough to think he or she is washed up at that age :) I'm 48 and far leaner and stronger than I was at 27. I admit it's more challenging to lose fat now that I am in perimenopause (yes, I am a girl) than it was a few years ago, but I can still do it when I have a mind to. I'm also continuing to make strength gains. I'm not unusual either: as a personal trainer I've seen clients in their 50s, 60s and 70s make tremendous improvements in their body composition and overall fitness level. Just because you're not a teenager is no reason to give up on yourself!