Monday, April 12, 2010

Deadlift, Abs & Post-Workout Resources

Good deadlift workout today...I'm going to focus on improving my DL for the summer, and I'll be finding tons of awesome resources to share with you as well (I'm going to interview a lot of experts about how to improve it).

Today's workout:

1) Jumps (4x4)

2) Deadlift (3x5)

3A) Good Morning (2x8)
3B) BB Shrug (2x8)

4) BB Lunge (2x8)

Earlier today, I had a random, thick, "I ran out of almond milk" blender drink:

1 banana, strawberries, applesauce, spinach, oatmeal, walnuts, chocolate protein powder, cashew butter, almond milk, and sesame seeds.

Very filling.

And a giant big boy salad for lunch:

can of black beans, spinach, field greens, 1/2 avocado, mushrooms, red pepper, broccoli, cauliflower, and salsa  

And now for some training & nutrition resources:

Resource #1: My favorite ab exercises

=> Ab Exercises Video

Resource #2:

Jason Ferruggia post-workout nutrition tips here

=> Muscle Building Nutrition

Resource #3:

5 abs exercises that gave me sore abs recently:

=> Advanced Ab Exercises

And finally, today's kick-butt mindset quote:

"Unhappiness is not knowing what you want and killing yourself to get it." - Unknown.....Listen, make sure your goals are specific. Know your destination. This goes for fitness, work, life, etc. Don't grind yourself into the ground because you don't have a finish line.

Stay strong and set those goals,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - And a bonus resource...

I really liked this...7 interesting lessons my buddy Vinny D & his awesome girl Flavia learned at Marriage school

=> Marriage Preparation Lessons

No comments: