Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Date Blender Drink

Started the day with a "Date Blender Drink". Here are the ingredients...

1 banana, raspberries, 3 dates, peanut butter, spinach, flax meal, flax seed oil, chia seeds, rice protein powder, almond milk. Three dates are enough to make a fairly sweet blender drink, so cut back if you don't like sweet drinks – also, cut them into smaller pieces to make it easy on the blender. Also had a toasted almond butter & blueberry sandwich on flax bread (I put the blueberries on... the sandwich instead of in the blender drink).

Today's workout:

1) Hang Clean (3x5)     


2A) BB Incline (5x5)     
2B) DB Row (3x15)     

3A) 1-arm DB Shoulder Press (3x8)     
3B) Row

Today's resources:

1) Free nutrition interview (audio & transcript) with Joel Marion (controversial)

=> Joel Marion Diet Interview

2) 3-Minute Pushup Video - I explain Martin Rooney's test

=> 3 Minute Pushup Video

And today's kick-butt mindset quote comes from Lance Armstrong in Dodgeball...

"Quit? You know, once I was thinking about quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung and testicular cancer, all at the same time. But with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and I won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I'm sure ...you have a good reason to quit. So what are you dying from that's keeping you from the finals?"

And then my friend Carrie Wilkerson said...

"Everyone assumes that THEIR excuse (reason) is different and that 'OTHERS' have it easy...truth is - we all have challenges, all have obstacles, all have incredible REASONS to persevere. Do NOT Quit."

Indeed,

Craig 

No comments: