Thursday, February 18, 2010

Amazing Workout

My workout was good, but not amazing.

Instead, what was amazing, was this:

Today I watched a trainer make his 45 year old, overweight male client do 10 sets of barbell squats in 45 minutes. They did NOTHING else. And in between
sets the trainer asked the client about real estate. Seriously, people are not going to take this disrespect any longer. Time to change your game if you haven't already.

Today's workout for lil' ol' me:

1) Jumps

2) Snatch Deadlift

3) Rack Pull

4A) Overhead Squat
4B) Back Extension

5A) DB Shrug
5B) Military Press
5C) Side Plank

Did some of tomorrow's workout today because I'm going to Miami - might not have regular gym access.

Resource of the Day:

=> Exercise Substitution List

Today's banana-blender drink:
2 bananas, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, spinach, almond milk, walnuts, and almond butter.

And finally, today's butt-kick to your mindset:

Kekich Credo #1. People will do almost anything to stay in their comfort zones. If you want to accomplish anything, get out of your comfort zone...

CB says, not much more to add to that.

If you want all 100 kekich credos, go here:
=> http://www.askdavekekich.com/replay.php

Stay strong,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training


2 comments:

Frank Dobner said...

I agree. I see the "personal trainers" at my gym do very little but entertain their customers. I am not impressed.

I think your workout is great.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Thanks Frank, I appreciate it.