Monday, October 26, 2009

Benihana, Fettuccine Alfredo, and Cheat Your Way Thin

Wow, I just had an amazing workout at a Powerhouse Gym down here in Tampa, Florida, and I wanted to let you know that I'm sticking to the Vegetarian Lifestyle and my new "No Nonsense" Meathead workouts while traveling.

Last week I did 3 workouts in 4 days so that I could have the weekend off for my seminar. On Saturday night, when everything
finished, a big group of us went out for dinner at Benihana's.

If you know this restaurant, it's the one where you sit around a big metal slab that the chef cooks on in front of you.

I ordered the "Garden Delight" with a side of brown rice. And yes, it came with tofu. Normally I don't eat tofu, but it was a pretty good meal - everyone else around me ordered steak and lobster.

On Sunday, I did some light exercise, stretching, and some swimming, and then at night went out to dinner at a Carrabba's restaurant for a big reward meal.

I feasted on fettuccine alfredo and a chocolate brownie dessert, plus a glass of wine. I was very full as I watched the Yankees' game until midnight.
 
Now I know that doesn't sound like proper TT behavior, and it's not, but here's my excuse...
 
I was dining out with "Cheat Your Way Thin" author, Joel Marion, and we were discussing his program and working on our presentations for his seminar in January.
 
So let's just say I was "doing research"!
 
But that meal powered my great workout at the Powerhouse gym. I did power cleans, squats, db presses, and pullups.

You can follow my complete workouts and nutrition program in my workout journal in the TT Member's area.

And you'll get 3 months free in the TT Member's area when you try Turbulence Training for 21 days for less than 5 bucks.
 
 
You'll also be able to track my muscle building progress on this new "No Nonsense Meatheads" program that I put together with the help of my friend, Vince Del Monte.

Plus, you'll also get ONE NEW BONUS that I just added..."The Lazy Man's Guide to Vegetarian Eating".

If you've ever wondered what it is like getting started on a vegetarian diet, you'll get my 55-day journal of every meal and snack that I ate while trying to go meatless.

In fact, I also gave up all processed foods and added sugar for the first 30 days, so you can see how I overcame diet boredom while even eating a vegan diet for 2-3 weeks.

Pretty interesting stuff.

That's another bonus you get in the TT Member's area.

And once you enter the member's area, please make sure to visit the workout journal forum and start recording your own training sessions and nutrition program so that we can watch your success.
 

See you on the forums,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training Review 
Author, Lazy Man's Guide to Vegetarian Eating

No comments: