Monday, July 13, 2009

Squat Workout




Running late today so I only had 30 minutes to train.



1) Power Clean - 185x2x5



2A) Squats - 325x3x6
2B) Chinups - 3x10



My squats suck. I feel really weak in my low back...went to the chiropractor after for treatment on my calves, pec, traps, and low back.



He scolded me on my sitting posture which I admit is really bad sometimes.



So his treatment plus better posture should lead to less low back tightness and I should be able to improve my squat.



After my workout I had a banana and two slices of vegetarian pizza leftover from last nite. I went about 4 weeks on the vegan diet, but in the last two Sundays I've had cheese.



Stay strong,



Craig



PS - Check out the "magic secret to workout motivation" here:



Workout Challenges - Bodyweight 500 & 300 Workout

3 comments:

Geeky Black Girl said...

Take care of yourself, man. You don't want to get old and rickety.

Steve said...

About a year and a half ago, I was having so much trouble with my squats, I started Yoga. One day a week at first. Now two days a week. It made a huge difference in my flexibility and in my lifts. It also helps me correct my bad sitting posture and forces me to stretch. You may want to give it a try.

andrewjameslowry said...

IMHO your squat numbers look great. We weight about the same . I can only do 3 x 8 @ 205 and that is not with a deep ROM. TT Meatheads V 2.0 'B' workout.