Thursday, July 09, 2009

How to Have More Energy This Weekend


These tips won't make you the life of the party, but they will help you get more done and get more energy all day long this weekend. Perfect for busy folks with lots on the go...


If you find yourself tired on the weekends when you should have even more energy to do the things you love, here are my best tips to make sure you don't have a crash in your energy levels.

1) Go to bed and get up at the same time.


This sounds boring, but I guarantee you won't be tired during the day and you won't have trouble falling asleep on Sunday night.

2) Start your day with 30 minutes of fun activity.


It doesn't have to be a structured workout (you can save those for during the week), but getting up and getting moving will get you off to a high energy start to the say.

3) Avoid high-calorie, high-sugar brunch buffets.


If you want a surefire way to make you sleepy, then go load up on orange juice and pancakes. But if you have things to do all day long, then skip those foods and stick to an omelet filled with vegetables and drink Green Tea with your meal. Get the right fat loss meal plan for your lifestyle.

And when you finally meet up with your friends on the weekend, keep that energy going and stay active by going for a hike or bike ride, rather than sitting down in a pub or movie theater with high calorie foods.

You'll have more energy and lose fat with those tips!


Stay strong and have a great weekend,


Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS


1 comment:

Chasey said...

I've steered my husband and two daughter's away from breakfast cereals (on the weekends),to an omellete filled with spinach/peppers/mushrooms.My hubby is a "meatatarian",but as long as I cook with veggies,he'll eat them.
I prefer veggies to meat on my own,but my family still wants to eat meat.So I'll never be able to fully rid it from our eating habits,but I include the fruit and veggies as much as possible.Whenever we go for a drive anywhere,I pack a cooler bag with cut fruit and veggies and water,(cuts down on making impulse purchases).Plus I incorporate "Eat/Stop/Eat" into my life as well.