Friday, May 15, 2009

Best Fast and Good Workout

On Thursday morning I woke up at 3:05am in a hotel room in beautiful Bethesda, Maryland. Had to be at the airport at 4:30 so I could get back to Toronto.

The last thing I had to eat was a spinach salad (with steak) at about 7pm the night before, while hanging out with Yanik Silver and watching his Caps get beat (badly) by the Penguins.

So...during my cab ride to the airport I decided I would make Thursday my Eat Stop Eat day for the week...and it turned into my best fast I've ever done (and I've completed about a dozen).

By the time I got back to my place in Toronto, it was 8:30am. I slept the entire 62-minute flight from DC to Toronto, and when I got home I started working on a few projects, including my weekly 5 minute fat burning workouts. I love putting that together, and showing folks the amazing workouts they can do in just five minutes. 

I also hit a sprint interval workout around 10:30am, and then spend a couple of hours in a coffee shop on Roncesvilles Ave (in the west end of Toronto) doing a bit more work on an upcoming vegetarian meal plan blog. 

The new vegetarian website is going to show everyone how to eat vegetarian, vegan, and even raw food diets for fat loss - without all the negatives of low energy, pale complexions, and muscle loss that so many vegetarians suffer.

All afternoon I was just humming along, getting a ton of great work done and feeling great, if just a teeny-tiny bit tired from the 2 hours sleep the night before. But at 5pm, I was home but not hungry, and finished up my work for the day and just waited for Bally the Dog to get home from camp.

After he got home and ate his dinner (in less than 2 seconds), we wrestled and hung out, and the next thing you knew it was 6:30pm an I was ready to eat. Best fast yet.

If you haven't tried it yet and you are struggling with fat loss, check out Brad Pilon's site Eat Stop Eat. I ended my fast with some raw nuts, goji berries, and an apple. Then had dinner later... 

Today I got up and started the day with a big dog walk, and then hit the gym for a deadlift workout, going like this...

1) Deadlift - worked up to 385x3 with alternate grip (also did 325x5 with double overhand grip)

2A) Military Press - 140x2x4, 85x2x15
2B) Good Morning - 195x2x6

That was it. Did a lot of deadlifts. Finished in 40 minutes.

Writing up a new 4-week program for myself this weekend,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

PS - Want to know where I get some of my personal strength and muscle building workout ideas?

From my buddy, Jay Ferruggia...

Click here for Jay's site

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's this? Covering raw food? Really???

Greenteagirl said...

Excited to see your vegetarian site! What a great project.

enlarged prostate said...

That is some determination you got there. Staying healthy is not easy and you basically summarized that with this post.