Friday, December 05, 2008

How to Improve Your Nutrition

Well, I screwed up my lunch, but I'm going to show you how to improve your nutrition.

Here's how I screwed up...

1) I forgot to take chicken out of the freezer to thaw, so I couldn't BBQ the chicken when I got home from my workout.

2) My next option was Amy's Organic Chili, but my can opener broke yesterday.

3) My fridge is full...but only of vegetables and fruit. Nothing that really "makes a meal".

So...

...the only thing I had in the cupboards that I could turn into "lunch" was a can of Chunky Chicken Noodle Soup (hey, you never know when you'll need the secret weapon to get rid of a cold).

But rather than just eat the soup "plain", I added extra broccoli, cauliflower, and peppers to increase the nutrient content. It wasn't perfect, but better than nothing. That's a quick way to boost your lunch if you are making something quick.

Of course, that's not nearly enough for a full lunch, so now I need to go eat some cashews, an apple, and maybe even some oatmeal. I'm still hungry.

Time to go get some steak for dinner,

Craig

PS - On a related note...

...my friend and nutrition expert, Brad Pilon, has a really good post on how to create an environment for success. Check it out here:

Brad's Best Advice for Weight Loss Success

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Craig,
I like to throw a can of tuna in my soup for a quick lunch when I can't be bothered with anything else

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about that "full" refrigerator. But with a little ingenuity using your vegetables, you were able to put together something pretty decent!

Iris said...

Do you have any advice for new mothers? I mean how to get your body back. Exercises you can do to tone and tighten the areas that may have loosened :) ???