Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Anti-Gym Workout

Today I did the anti-gym workout, doing a whole bunch of fat burning exercises that you can do at home. Most don't even need equipment, although I did start with some kettlebell exercises.

Warmup:

Bodyweight squats, pushups, stretches

Kettlebell work

2-hand swings, 1-hand swings, 1-arm snatches

Jump training outside (even though it was just above freezing, it felt like the perfect temperature for a workout - I wore gloves and a couple of layers, but I still had the shorts on - Canadian style)

Broad jumps, 1-leg hops, side to side jumps (these are all in the TT BW Cardio 2.0 Workout A)

Unfortunately, every time I jump, my dog jumps on me.

Sprint Intervals

Short 10 second intervals. Did 10. 2 warmup, 6 real ones, 2 easy ones to finish off.

Of course, my dog was jumping on me, and trying to grab my shorts as I ran. That'll slow you down.

Good workout though. Canadian-style.

Great day for an anti-gym session,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

Big news coming this Friday - sign-up here for the details!

1 comment:

Andy said...

Hey Craig...jump training and sprints. Nice workout today. Aint nothing like working out in the cold!!!

Our cold down here may not be as bad as your cold there - but aint nothing like working out in the fall and winter!

Hope your shorts came out in one piece!

Regards...

Andy