Friday, May 30, 2008

Why I Like Jay Ferruggia's Workouts

There are a lot of muscle building programs out there...and a lot of them are quite good.

Why are there so many?

Well, everyone's got their opinions and therefore everyone has their programs. Most are similar, but some guys are quite different.

I like Jay's PR Workouts because

1) He trains hard, and we've had a couple of great workouts on his programs in Jersey and Chicago.

2) I use his programs all the time.

3) His workouts are "lower in volume" and that's one thing that he's really taught me in the last year to realize is important. Do we really need 4 sets
of an exercise? How could that possibly be better than 2 high quality sets?

4) I also really like his philosophy on trying to set a new PR in each workout. In fact, this is something I already believed before I read his article about it. So we were on the same mindset there without knowing it.

Jay's workouts are just good old-school barbell stuff without the stupid amounts of shoulder-wrecking volume you find in a Muscle n Fiction magazine.

If you want to gain muscle, try setting more PR's,

CB

Click HERE for Jay's workouts

No comments: