Thursday, August 09, 2007

Kettlebell Muscle Building Workout

Today I started with kettlebell snatches, completing 3 sets of 18 reps. This was the first time the grip held out for every single rep in the last set, so we're definitely making progress.

I followed that up with most of workout 2 from Phase 2 of Jay's muscle building workout. But I have to be honest, I feel like a bit of a wreck with a sore back and a cold developed over the weekend, and my shoulder is still sore from overdoing things in Friday's workout.

Fortunately, I was able to restrain my ambitions and train conservatively today, so that I should be good to go at 95% next week.

I got some good advice from a trainer named Keith Scott about my shoulder. We trained last week in Chicago, and I interviewed him for TTmembers...you can catch most of his interview here:

How to Train if you are hurt or a beginner

CB

No comments: