Monday, August 06, 2007

7-Day Fat Loss Guide to Ripped Abs

We might be running up on the mid-way point of summer, but I still think you can make some impressive changes by Labor Day...so stay consistent and stick with it. 

Now more tips from your weekly 7-day guide to success... 

Monday
Do your regularly scheduled TT workout. And use this ab tip of the week...

If you want to increase the challenge of your ab training (i.e. in planks, jackknives, chops, etc.), do you ab training after some serious interval training.

Serious interval training will tax your abs and other muscles involved in breathing (as well as those involved in maintaining a stable pelvis while running fast).

So when you do your abs, all exercises will be about 30% harder. Good times.


Tuesday

If you are going to exercise outside, make sure to do so in the morning or in the evening. 

Personally, I think exercising outside in the early morning is something everyone should experience. It's calm, beautiful, and it feels like the world is yours! (Probably because everyone else is still under the covers).

Here's a tip from a reader, Greg L., about improving the efficiency of your home workouts...

"If you don't have access to a set of fixed dumbbells or powerblock type adjustable dumbbells, get two sets of handles and set them up to do both stages of your superset.  It's not a perfect solution but it allows you to finish the superset in the proper amount of time as it is laid out


Thursday
30 minutes of activity - with a friend. Could be anything, just make it social. It will seem a lot less like work if you do it with a buddy!


Saturday
30 minutes of activity, check in with your social support group. And remember, don't set limits on yourself.

Plan, shop, and prepare.


Here are a couple of Cookbooks recommended by members last week...

 

1) Stellas Kitchen (although a lot of recipes contain artificial sweeteners, which you should probably stay away from).


2) Pump Energy


3) Nourishing Traditions

 

If you have others, let me know. 

 

NOTE: If anyone has any vegetarian cookbook recommendations, they would be greatly appreciated.

 

CB

P.S. TT Members get more

If you want more TT workouts, TT for Women, TT for athletes, or even more TT for Mass, as well as my other female specific e-books, make sure you check out www.TTMembers.com.

"Dear Craig, Since I ordered the TT Membership Pass to your products I am working my way through your materials. And what a huge amount of information it is! I am more than impressed and satisfied! Turbulence Training is one of the most time-efficient, comprehensive and practical approaches to training I have come across yet. And I am no newbie to training."

Thomas Brenninger

P.P.S. No pullups, chinups, or bodyweight rows...

Just dumbells and kettlebells. That's all you get in my latest workout at TTMembers.com.

The August KB-DB-BW Fusion Workout is a combination of dumbell (or Kettlebell) and bodyweight exercise supersets to give you maximum results in minimum time.

No chinup bar or exercise ball is needed for this program.

Join TTMembers today & burn fat with basic free weights!

 

 

Share your tips,
Sunday

 
Friday
TT workout. It's Friday and you have the weekend to recover. So stay focused and have the best workout of the week tonight. You'll benefit from an elevated mood, better sleep, and great start to the weekend.
30 minutes of activity. I've lost count of the number of times I've trained and worked under the hot sun during the hottest times of the day...but I don't recommend it.
 


Wednesday
TT workout. 

1 comment:

Rusty Moore said...

Great site...I purchased Turbulence Training a few months ago and love it. I like the idea of getting in great shape and getting healthier in the process.

I saw a video that Craig Ballantyne did on planks that has worked wonders for me. I have had six pack abs for the past 5 years, but I always had back problems to go with it. Now that I only do planks, I have great abs and my back feels wonderful!

Did you know that Laird Hamilton (the famous ripped surfer) does a form of Turbulence Training as well? I found his workout online and posted it on my blog...I figured the guys doing TT would find it interesting.

Laird Hamilton Workout

I wanted to personally thank Craig for being a "voice of reason"...love his products!

Rusty
www.FitnessBlackBook.com