Wednesday, March 14, 2007

greens plus & spinach

2007 has been a breakout year for me. I've started eating spinach regulary, and finally added a "greens plus" beverage to my diet.

I know Kevin Larrabee at www.thefitcast.com has some Greens Plus recipes on his shows, so check that out. I'll see if he can share some.

Why Greens Plus? Well, when I asked this to John Berardi...

CB: What other general supplement advice do you have for men and women that want to lose fat? From multi-vitamin use to post-workout drinks, etc.

JB:
In Precision Nutrition, I list the "big 5" - Protein supplements, Greens supplements, Fish Oil, Creatine, and Workout Drinks. And further, when metabolic decline is a big concern, I recommend Acetyl-L-Carnitine and rAlpha Lipoic Acid. I think most people will do great with a good nutrition plan, smart training plan, and these basic supplements - if needed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Alwyn Cosgrove put it best when he said, "Greens Plus is a great product, not to be mixed with anything."

The berry flavor is easier to hide in a shake with some frozen fruit and good protein powder or plain yogurt.