Friday, February 16, 2007

Traveling Bodyweight Warrior

The bodyweight training revolution is upon us. It has allowed me to train everyday during a 2-week trip without visiting a gym.

It allows me to stay strong and mobile, (and lean!), without equipment.

I was able to do all of these on the beach:

  • Stick-ups to help my tense upper back
  • Side Steps to build thigh strength & hip mobility
  • T-Pushups for upper body strength & shoulder mobility - See Video
  • V-squats, a new move I came up with
  • X-Body Mountain Climbers
  • Grasshopper Pushups - See Video
  • Waiter's Bows

And so much more...


Bodyweight training is great for fat loss, for athletes, and building upper body muscle.


In fact, the weekend warriors, and even these 2 advanced athletes (see below) are having phenomenal success with bodyweight workouts. If you want to increase your mobility, agility, co-ordination and fitness for your summer sports, then get with the bodyweight workouts.


I guarantee that if you are a runner, golfer, soccer player, Ultimate Frisbee player, summer hockey league player, surfer (which I dream to be), tennis player, Paintball player, ping-pong player or even a touch football player, that you'll get better performance-enhancing results from the 6-month bodyweight manual than you would from some bodybuilding magazine workout.


See what a former bodybuilder-turned-bodyweighter has to say...


"Had my first bodyweight work out from your program last night, which I started at phase two, and I was totally caught off guard at the high level of energy and strength that is needed to complete these circuits. I'm used to regular "bodybuilding" exercises and I assumed my strength there would compliment me in these circuits, but it turns out I was wrong, for the most part. By the second circuit I was already lowering my reps, as I wasn't strong enough nor did I have the necessary endurance to complete the circuit at the recommended reps. My body felt like it went through a 2 hour workout, when in fact I was done with in about 30 minutes. I particularly enjoy the fact that these can mostly all be done at home."

Brad Wittig, Elite Soccer Player


And what's the main thing that runners neglect? Strength. And that's one of the reasons they end up in the physio room time and time again.


"When I saw that CB had brought out a bodyweight training manual, I was concerned that he could read minds - it was exactly what I had been wanting for the past months. As a competitive runner, I wanted to get stronger without putting on mass. I also wanted something accessible and complimentary to my aerobic training. This was it! I went to university with Craig so knowing him, I knew that I was going to be getting a well-researched program. Having played varsity rugby and volleyball, and trained with the National Triathlon Centre, I consider myself am accomplished athlete, but I was humbled by this program. If you think that bodyweight isn't enough, try the TT 6-month Bodyweight Manual. I quickly learned where my strengths and weaknesses were. I am a teacher, so when I did this one day school, I had the weight room guys curiously watching me progress through the program. Seeing me working that hard, they all wanted me to show them what I was doing. They quickly learned that this program is challenging and effective. I would recommend the Bodyweight Manual to anyone - especially those who might be growing tired of free weights and machines. The bodyweight training manual is truly a whole body workout, using only your body!"

Brad Cunningham, Teacher & Running Coach, Vancouver BC


Learn more about the 6-Month Bodyweight Manual here.


You only need 30 minutes per day to be a warrior all weekend,
CB


P.S. Better yet, take advantage of this...
If you've ever bought a TT program from me, and you want to become a subscriber to TTMembers, reply to this email and ask for your discount link.


Previous customers save 50 bucks and get a 1-year Platinum membership for only $97.
Previous members, who might have let their memberships expire, can renew for $77.


Deadline: Sunday, Feb. 18th, midnight, EST. No exceptions.

No comments: