Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Is Goal-Setting A Joke?

I've been reading a lot of blog posts and newsletters about how goal setting is a joke...but its not...here's why...

*****
I am no stranger to goal setting, and I hope that you take time to goal-set as well.

Setting goals or even making New Year's resolutions is not a bunch of hogwash, cheesy, fluffy hocus-pocus either. It's no joke.

Research shows that people who write their goals down succeed far more than people that don't write down their goals. It's that simple. Write them down, review them, and keep them at the forefront of your thoughts - that way you'll always be working towards them.

What I have done in the past is create a word document with goals for different areas of business, my finances, my own workouts, my reading list, and some travel goals. I keep those on file and refer to them often, several times per week.

And I must say, its served me well. Not only as a motivator and schedule but also as a reminder about goals that I would have forgotten about if I didn't write them down.

Over the holidays I got an e-book from a trainer in the UK named Dax Moy. He's a bright guy, and has done phenomenally well with his business (he even has a DVD out showing the training program that helped one of Britain's "Pop Idols" lose over 100 pounds).

Anyways, Dax's goal-setting e-book is called "The Magic One Hundred". In it, Dax tells some good stories about his own life and how he developed his goal setting system. Drawing from those lessons, he shows you how to achieve 100 phenomenal goals in a short amount of time. I'll let him tell you the rest of the story here:

Dax Moy's Magic One Hundred

It helped me identify several new significant goals and strategies of achieving these goals. It was an excellent brainstorm tool, and a kick-in-the-butt to organize the goals into readily achievable tasks.

What more can I say? If you want to achieve something extra special this year, strike that, if you want to achieve something extraordinarily special in the next 100 days, then pick up the Magic One Hundred and get going NOW!

It's what you make of it,
CB

PS. Let's face it. We are full of motivation at this time of the year...
So keep it going.

Click HERE to get Dax Moy's Magic 100 program

Within the hour of starting to read Dax's book, you'll be full of ideas, more motivation, and commitment to succeeding. I look forward to hearing great things from you this year!

PPS - Dax was one of the most impressive business owners I met last year.
The guy has it figured out. Not only is he doing well financially, but he spends a LOT of time with his family. And isn't that what its all aboot? We all want to succeed but we want to have fun at the same time. That's why Dax makes you set adventure goals as well as health goals, financial goals, and goals in other areas of life.

Read More About The Magic One Hundred

No comments: