Monday, January 29, 2007

4-minute fat loss? C'mon....

Ryan Lee is the 4-minute fat loss master. Now I know what you're thinking, this sounds like that "6-minute abs" joke out of the movies. "Who can work out in only 4 minutes?". Well, I put that question to Ryan, and let's see what he says.

If you like his answer, check out his new site, ==> WorkoutPass, where you'll get access to 43 different workout sites and over 5000 workouts.


CB: Ryan, you've put together Quattro Fitness workouts on Workout Pass. Now, I'm sure someone could say, "you can't workout in only 4 minutes". How would you respond?

RL
:
I would tell them to give one of the workouts a try first and them come back to me.

You can absolutely get a great workouts in only 4 minutes. It has nothing to do with the time, it has to do with the right combination of exercise choice, work and rest.

Think about it, the best runners in the world can run a mile in about 4 minutes. Are you telling me that if you ran a mile that fast it wouldn't be a good workout for you?


CB: Which is your favorite 4-minute workout? Because you do these right? With having 2 kids and a big business, you don't have much time to train, so when do you fit in your workout?

RL:

My favorite workouts usually include a kettlebell. It might be a KB swing, followed by pullups, then a pushup variation and usually a core movement like a stability ball jacknife.

Yes, with my limited time and 2 young children, I do these workouts myself all the time. In fact, even at my current training level, my workouts almost never go longer than 20 total minutes from start to finish.


CB: Now I know bodyweight exercises, and you've put together some great workouts with bodyweight exercises...so tell us, what are 2 of your favorite bodyweight combination supersets?

RL:
I love bodyweight training! One of my favorite combos is a pushup/pullup. I start on the floor and do a pushup. After the pushup, I immediately jump up and do a pullup. It's a nice combo.

Another one of my favorites is called a 'bodyblaster'. I start in a low crouch position. Then roll onto my back. Once I reach a far back position, I explosive roll back up, kick my feet out behind me, then do a full pushup. After the pushup I go back to the back roll position and repeat.


CB: Nice! I know you like to keep it simple, so what do you have in your home-gym?

RL:

It's REALLY simple. I have some kettlebells, dumbbells, and sandbags. That's about it.

The gym I workout at has lots of fun toys: monkey bars, climbing ropes, and olympic platforms.


CB: Sounds like the gym I go to. What's your favorite Kettlebell move?

RL:

I love the walking swing. It's a basic KB swing movement, but you take a short step forward during the swing and walk to a specific marker such as a cone or a wall. When I get the to spot, I'll crank out 10 KB snatches and then do a KB walking swing back to the start.


CB: So what role does slow cardio have in your fat loss approach?

RL:
Zero! I haven't done any slow cardio in over 4 years. All the 'cardio' I do is sprint based intervals. I tell all my clients to gradually drop long slow cardio and transition into interval training.


CB: What type of training do you recommend for bursting through a fat loss plateau?

RL:

Train like sprinters. Drop the cardio and do interval training.

And when choosing your exercises, go with full body, multi-joint movements. Keep work intensity high, and rest intervals short.


CB: And finally, what are some of your favorite workouts that you've come across in the other sites on Workout Pass?

RL:

I really like your workouts and Alwyn Cosgrove's as well. You guys have done a great job at teaching people how to burn fat without long slow cardio. It really is the future of training. It's so simple and makes so much sense!


CB: Thanks Ryan.

If you join WorkoutPass before Tuesday, January 30th, at midnight, Ryan will also give you 76 bonus reports worth over $1600. There's even a bonus report on the psychology of fat loss.

Now that's key to your success.

I'm even throwing in an extra bonus...see below...

And don't forget...

I just want to say to everyone, keep up the good work. Keep that January fat loss motivation going. Don't give up! Stay compliant on your nutrition. Don't let anyone get you down, and don't get discouraged. Make new healthy habits everyday and keep them for a lifetime!

Sincerely,
Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - This is your LAST CHANCE!!!

If you order WorkoutPass BEFORE Tuesday, January 30th at midnight, not only will you get a year's membership to over 5000 workouts and access to $1600 worth of exercise, nutrition, and motivational bonuses, BUT now you get another bonus from me...

==> WorkoutPass

I'm adding this to the package...

A 3 month guest pass to the Basic Level membership in my site, TTMembers.com

If you order through this newsletter, just email me your receipt and I'll add you to our Basic Level membership for 3 whole months.

The Basic Level Membership at TTMembers.com will give you access to the TT Workout of the Month, the discussion forums, and the Fat Loss Expert Interviews.

That's a $30 value.

And if you're already a TTmember, I'll add 3 months to your current TTmember subscription.

Join WorkoutPass today!

No comments: