Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saturday workout

Went in for one more workout at my "high school" gym, the local YMCA before I go back tot the big city.

Funny to see the regulars ten years later...and the groups of high school guys just getting into lifting.

And this the second time in there this week where I've been more impressed with the exercises and exercise form of 16 year old boys than grown men and women.

Now ssure the boys were doing curls andf presses but at least the were using good form

On the other hand, I watched men do db rows with backs rounded like rainbows and pulldowns brought down to their belt line.

And this one guy, clearly not a trainer but thought of himself as one was showing a female friend some classics - toe touches done while standing on two balkance discs and then smith machine squats - but her heels came up 2-inches with each rep.

Sad, sad stuff. And people wonder why they don't get results...

For me, I slipped into a total body low volume workout in prep for next week's return to relatively serious training.

Bench
Db rear delt raise

Front squat
Db press
Bodyweight rows

Big workout this tuesday,

CB

No comments: