Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Nutrition for Fat Loss

More fat loss, nutrition, & fitness q'n'a today...

Q: Why am I no longer sore after my workouts?

Answer:
Sounds like things have gotten a bit stagnant and your muscles have adapted to the stress of your current workout.

Now don't worry too much, because you could still be making gains without getting sore.

However, if you've really been on the same program too long it'll show not just in a lack of soreness, but also a muscle-building or fat-burning plateau. So you need a new stimulus for your muscles.

What you need to do is change your program every 4 weeks. This will help you keep progressing - and you'll notice that the new stimulus will always leave you a little soreness - not that soreness is the ultimate goal of any program. You don't need to be so sore that you can't move the next couple of days.

You can change the exercises, set and rep scheme, or completely re-configure your program.

Whatever you choose, make sure to vary your program after 4 weeks.

I prefer to change each exercise in the workout, even if it just means varying the grip in a bench press or foot spacing in a squat. There are an endless number of exercises and variations of, so you should never be short of options to keep your progress going.


Q: Can I do the interval cardio on alternate days as opposed to the same day as the TT program?

Answer:
Yes.

Interval training can be done either immediately after your strength training or done the next day.

If anyone has tried it both ways, I would like to hear from you to see if it worked better one way or the other.Q: Also, if I do a bodyweight circuit instead of interval cardio, how may intervals of the circuit and how long should each circuit last? Answer:3 rounds of the circuit.

Let's assume you do a circuit like this...

A) Prisoner Squat (12 reps)
B) Decline Pushup (10 reps)
C) Reverse Lunge (8 reps per side)
D) Jumping Jacks (30 reps)

Each exercise will take you about 30 seconds. Don't rest at all between exercises. So each circuit takes you about 2 minutes. Rest 30 seconds after the circuit, and repeat for a total of 3 times.

That's less than 10 minutes.

You can increase the effectiveness by adding a couple of exercises or another round or two of the circuit.


Q: I am just about to start the Turbulence Training manual. With all of the bonuses, I'm not sure where to start. What is the best progression?

Answer:
The best progression is to follow the order of the workouts in the main Turbulence Training e-book. Start with the beginner and move through all of the workouts, including the 4 Advanced TT workouts.

Then you can finish with the TT Fusion Fat Loss workout bonus (aka The February 2006 Monthly TT Workout).


Q: Hey, I'm interested in Turbulance Training. Seriously, I just read your site. My basic profile is that I have no time to go to the gym, play hockey once a week. I'm up early with my kids, but would have time at night to do some stuff. I don't have any equipment (don't really want any).

Anyway, I'd like to get in better shape and over the last couple of years, my energy levels are zapped by the end of the day Friday. Do you think it's a good place for me to start? I do have 1 stipulation - I like beer and don't want to give it up (really I only drink on weekends, but I so enjoy this time with the drink).

Answer:
Start with Phase 1 of the Bodyweight Manual.

Also, take a look at the nutrition report put together by Dr. Chris Mohr...the basics are key. Eat right 90% of the time...so that gives you 3 meals per week where you can slide.

And even in all the other meals, eating right still allows you to enjoy good quality food...you just need to prepare stuff in advance so that you don't eat a lot of processed foods. Let me know if you have any other questions about the exercises or the nutrition or training program.


Q: I am gaining muscle definition which i can see a little(yay), how can i fast track my fat loss? My nutrition is pretty good. I do the TT 3 - 4 times a week, i play sports twice a week. Intervals (2 -3 times a week) absolutely exhaust me (but i like how i feel after those sessions) I am still doing some intermediate and some beginner exercises as i have little core strength (though this is improving). Time is not an issue.

Answer:
Simple, take your nutrition from "pretty good" to "great". If you don't commit to nutrition like you commit to exercise, you will not reach your goals.

It can take 30 minute to burn 300 calories, but about 60 seconds of bad nutrition to consume 300 calories.

I recommend both Drs. Berardi and Mohr for Nutrition help.

Click HERE for John Berardi's site

Click here for Dr. Mohr: www.mohrresults.com

Eat your way to fat loss,
CB

P.S. Do you want to lose 21 pounds in 21 days?
"Hi Craig, I wanted to send you a note regarding TT. The workouts are great and if you incorporate the diet plan you can't help but lose FAT. I have been using the program for three weeks and have dropped twenty one pounds. I look forward to getting down to my goal weight within a year. I am very happy to have purchased this program and would recommend it to other with no hesitation. Thank you very much."
Tim Jones

Click HERE to get started with Turbulence Training.


fat loss, nutrition, workout, exercise, fitness, weight loss, lose weight, bodyweight exercise

No comments: