Monday, September 04, 2006

Personal Trainer Craziness

Personal Trainer

The stuff I see in personal trainers do in the gym is unbelieveable at times. And I'm sure you see some pretty crazy stuff as well. Many personal trainers have clients use dangerous exercises in their workout routines.

One time, as I was going through a TT workout, it was just too much. Between sets of squats, I watched other gym members bounce around on bosu balls like children (if you don't know what a BOSU ball is, check out the 4 worst exercises I've ever seen in the gym here).

And I thought to myself, "people are actually paying for this"?

Now I might not be perfect (who is, right?), but when it comes to training, I do not suffer fools. And foolish training is exactly what is going on in many gyms in North America.

Take for example, the far-too-popular "standing on 1-leg and do biceps with resistance tubing" exercise. Could there be a more useless exercise?

Most resistance tubing bands give you a couple pounds of tension at best. In reality, most people get more of a workout carrying their lunch than doing curls with rubber bands!

And yet people are paying nearly $100 an hour for this junk. That's almost as much as my entire collection of proven manuals in the TT membership: http://workoutmanuals.com/Turbulence-Training-Membership

At times like these, I'm literally embarrassed for the fitness industry and even to be in this industry, somedays. Despite the huge benefits a good fitness professional can offer, this is what some "trainers" choose to give the public? It's a downright shame.

I used to think that if I could educate people about more effective alternatives to their slow-cardio workouts, that I would be making a difference.

But now, watching some of the stuff that goes on in gyms, even those monotonous cardio routines are looking good.

Fortunately there are still many good trainers out there, like Tami Smith, an TT member, who is training people honestly, fairly, and with integrity (something often missing in this industry).

In fact, Tami sent me in a TT workout she designed for her class of senior Turbulent ladies, and boy did she get a gold star for her efforts. That's a great program you have on the girls using, Tami.

Keep fighting the good fight, as my readers often tell me,

CB

P.S. For more info on real training methods and real training results, check out "How a Cardio Fanatic Got Her Abs": http://workoutmanuals.com/how-much-cardio-should-i-do-for-abs

No comments: